Are you a foster carer? Here’s what you can expect from Freedom Fields 2016
Both carers and children will be well looked after at Freedom Fields. There will be time for activities, time to relax and time to reflect. Carers will have the opportunity to take time for themselves to ensure they go home feeling invigorated and rested. Everyone in the family is welcome – please bring whoever you feel would benefit.
Our site is carefully chosen – for Freedom Fields 2016 we will be staying on the beautiful grounds of Magdalen Farm, Chard, Somerset. In August we will be camping – but don’t worry! We will make sure that everyone has all the equipment they need to be warm, cosy and comfortable. In October we still be spending lots of time outdoors but we also have exclusive access to the warm farmhouse buildings and everyone will have their own private family bedroom.
To promote positive and lasting change for looked after children and support for those caring for them. We aim to:
• Build relationships
• Improve children’s health, wellbeing and resilience
• Enhance communication skills
• Improve placement stability
• Improve levels of confidence in carers
• Offer networking opportunities for carers
• Increase awareness of the opportunities and benefits of spending time outdoors and knowledge of where to go.